Botox injections in Turkey, plastic surgery in Turkey
Botox injections are not only used in the cosmetic field and get rid of wrinkles, but are also used to treat several medical problems such as neck spasm, excessive sweating, lazy eyes, migraine headaches and overactive bladder.
Botox injections are resorted to in women who want to get rid of wrinkles and get a youthful appearance, as it works to prevent the contraction of the muscles responsible for facial expressions, as the atrophy of these muscles leads to the appearance of wrinkles.
The forehead area, the sides of the eyes, and the mouth are often injected.
Botox injections contain a toxin called onobotulinumtoxinA, which is produced by the microbe that causes botulism, and it is one of the types of food poisoning and here the muscle is temporarily prevented from moving, and Botox is known as the first treatment that contains botulinum toxin.
Why is Botox injection used?
As we mentioned previously, Botox injections are used to get rid of wrinkles in the forehead area and around the eyes, as Botox works to block certain chemical signals from the nerves that are responsible for muscle contraction, this process leads to temporary relaxation of the facial muscles.
Botox injections are used in the medical field and for several conditions such as:
- Cervical dystonia: In this case, the patient suffers from involuntary contraction of the neck muscles, which leads to moving the neck into an uncomfortable position or twisting the neck.
- Excessive sweating. Botox injections are used to treat excessive sweating, which is perspiration, despite the absence of a high temperature and no muscular effort.
- Lazy eye and its main cause is an imbalance of the muscles responsible for fixing the position of the eyes
- Eye twitching. Muscle contractures or twitching around the eyes can be relieved by Botox injections.
- Chronic Migraine: It is possible to relieve headaches with Botox injections, especially if the headache period exceeds 15 days continuously.
- Bladder dysfunction: Doctors have recently resorted to Botox injections to treat cases of urinary incontinence caused by an overactive bladder.
- Muscle contractures. Muscle contractures caused by some neurodegenerative conditions, such as cerebral palsy, that cause the extremities to recoil toward the middle of the body, can be treated.
Stages of the Botox injection process
First, an agreement is made with the patient about the area to be treated and the most appropriate for the patient is determined based on the skin, its thickness, and its texture, and then a local anesthetic ointment is placed on the skin, noting that general anesthesia may be needed in some special cases, and then the substance is injected. The patient informs the competent doctor of all the medications he is taking before starting any step.
During the botox injection procedure
The procedure takes about 10 minutes. A thin syringe is inserted under the skin of the face in the muscle line, then the substance is injected. Small bleeding may occur in the area of the needle insertion, which stops within a few minutes.
It is possible to go home immediately after the end of the injection, and you can notice after signs of local bleeding and swelling in the injection area, which disappear within a few days, and you can feel some pain after the injection, and this is normal and is treated with some painkillers, but in the case of high temperature and severe bleeding Or purulent secretions or loss of facial sensation, here you should see a doctor immediately.
As for the results of Botox injections, they appear within a week after the operation and may take more than that, depending on the person and several other factors.