Key Factors for the correct preservation of hair follicles during hair transplantation
Hair transplantation is the perfect and final solution to the problem of hair loss and baldness, allowing those who undergo this procedure to finally get the appearance of natural hair and enjoy self-confidence.
Stages of the hair transplant process:
There are several unified stages of the hair transplantation process, regardless of the conditions of the operation or the location of the procedure, which are:
- At first, local anesthetic is applied, and the patient can be put to sleep for a quarter of an hour until the anesthetic takes effect, in some special cases.
- The second step, in which the donor area is shaved and the follicles to be transplanted are extracted.
- The fourth step, where the taken follicles are kept in a suitable place until they are transplanted.
- Then comes the fourth stage, which is the most important stage, in which the channels are opened in the cultivated area, where the follicles will be placed.
- The fifth and final step, in which the extracted and functionally active follicles are implanted, and then the dressing is placed on the transplanted area, and the patient can leave when the effect of sedatives wears off on the same day.
Extracting and preserving the follicles during the hair transplantation process
Hair follicles need extreme care because they are very small and sensitive, and therefore they are treated in a special way to be able to withstand the hair transplant procedure.
Any poor preservation or lack of experience in dealing with the follicles results in many problems, which leads to the death of the follicles and thus the failure of the operation, and these problems include:
- Dry hair follicles during the procedure.
- Lack of oxygen to the follicles during and immediately after the operation
- Trauma or damage to the follicles resulting from improper handling.
Therefore, several measures must be taken to avoid these problems:
- The follicles must be placed in a suitable medium as soon as they are extracted from the donor area, and in this medium it is required that it be a low-temperature liquid or solution in order to protect them from drying out until they are transplanted.
- That the follicles be supplied with oxygen, and this is achieved by containing the preservative fluid for the follicles on a compound (adenosine triphosphate), and thus it is preserved throughout the preservation period and until after transplantation.
- The first and good guarantee is the presence of a doctor and a professional medical staff who is able to properly deal with the follicles.
What are the liquids for preserving the follicles during the hair transplantation process?
The FUE technique of hair transplantation contributed to speeding up the operation period, and thus the stay of the follicles in the external medium for less time, and of course the most important factor is the skill of the doctor and his staff in performing the operation quickly enough to reduce the period of stay of the follicles in the liquid to the least possible period.
The principle of the preservation liquid of all kinds is to slow down the metabolism and death of the follicles during the preservation period, and the lower the temperature of the liquid, the better the preservation for a longer time, but it should be noted that the lower the temperature of the liquid increases the pressure on the follicles and affects the membrane of the cells that make up them and changes the properties of their membrane Which in turn causes it to die functionally and become unfit for transplantation.
Hypo-thermosol liquid is the best type for preserving hair follicles, and it is the most used today by doctors specialized in hair transplantation, as it has a suitable temperature for metabolic processes with the appropriate pressure for the follicles, which allows keeping the follicles for up to days, which cannot be obtained in the event Saline solutions were used with high pressure, which causes significant damage to the follicles and their functional death.
Therefore, it is worth using the modern solutions such as hypo-thermosol instead of the traditional saline fluids to preserve the life and performance of the bulb while it is outside the body and to strengthen the health and feasibility of the grafts, thus ensuring a good hair growth rate and thickness, which gives guaranteed successful hair transplant results.
The best temperature and solution to preserve the extracted follicles during hair transplantation:
The ideal preservation solution for the extracted hair follicles is the solution that is able to maintain its life outside the body and can provide it with oxygen throughout this period. Moreover, it is able to maintain the characteristics of its functional cells and not inactivate or die, thus transplanting functionally active hair follicles.
When choosing the appropriate preservation liquid, the ideal temperature for preservation must be taken into account, as each member of the human body is characterized by a certain temperature optimum to perform its vital functions. Work on hair transplantation as soon as possible to get good results.